Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blogging for Self Promotion

This week I have researched the use of blogging to help entrepreneur's self promotion.

http://bnoopy.typepad.com/ This is a link to entreprenuer Joe Kraus', who was a part of starting Excite.com, blog on his top four reasons on why 2005 was the best time to become an entreprenuer. He stated that he would also enjoy feedback on what people thought of his views. Through his blog I also found other blogs commenting on his views like this one, http://ventureblog.com/articles/2004/09/joe_krauss_entr.php which stated that there should be more entreprenuerial blogs so more entreprenuers can share thier expierences. This peticular blog author very much liked Kraus's blogs.

I also found a blog that caters to female entreprenuers. http://inspired.entrepreneur.com/ This specific blog I came upon disucussed the positives of having a blog on a new entreprenuer. One section discussed building a brand with blogs. It stated, "few other tools offer the combination of technology and personality that a blog can offer to a company."

A third blog I found on entreprenueriaship was one that focused on young entreprenuers. It even hosted a forum that lets young entreprenuers chat back and forth between eachother and share tips and expiernces with eachother. It can be found at http://www.youngentrepreneur.com/blog/. One of the blogs talked about three keys to internet selling success which discussed the use of blogging as one of the keys.

Other than blogging an entreprenuer can advertise through websites, newspapers and radio. The only thing that these do not do for the entreprenuer is to give feedback which can be a huge help in starting a buisness. If you know what your targeted consumer feels of your new endevaor it gives the entreprenuer and huge edge and an idea of what direction they should go to next. Blogging as a very good way to recieve feedback from a consumer.

This further supports my thesis that blogs have greatly impacted print journalism today. It helps young entreprenuer journalists especially get feedback for the work they are doing from thier audience. With blogs entreprenuers of all kinds can recieve multitudes of feedback.

1 comment:

Aaron R. said...

Wyndy, I'm not quite sure what point you were exactly trying to make with your blog. You support the thesis of blogging having an impact on printed journalism, but your research supported what seemed to be a different topic. Yes, it is a good thing that businesses can receive feedback from customers due to blogging, but how does that relate back to print journalism? The only thing I could possibly see you trying to present would be if a news site had a blog and through feedback, they would be able to see what kind of journalism they should put more focus towards. If you have an opportunity, I would love it if you clarify on your argument. As I found with another blogger, just because they share the same thesis, it doesn't mean they are backing it up with any of the same ideas that I am.