Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Blogging - a new form of journalism.

My name is Wyndy and this is my first time as a blogger. I am a student at College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita. I am currently enrolled in a Journalism class and I am studying the effect blogging has on print journalism.

I have briefly researched the effects from journalist's points of view as well as from third party points of view. I have looked at all different kinds of blogging and seen that anyone can blog anywhere.

Blogs as far as I see can make anyone a journalist. Anyone can go online create their own blog, like I have done here, and pretty much have their own personal journal to record whatever they feel needs to be discussed. The only real problem I can see with these blogs and journalism is credibility. These blogs have had a profound effect on print journalism today and I agree with the statement: Blogging has significantly impacted the print journalism industry.

From professional journalists point of view it is a known fact that blogging is a new form of journalism and to be at the top of your journalistic game you have to great your own blog. I have found website www.publishing2.com which was founded by a publisher to inform people about impact technology has had on media. This website is a blog itself and one of it's pages is a persuasion for journalists to create their own blogs to keep up with the ever changing technology. For a journalist I think it is inevitable that their professional will be digitally based sooner than later and I think by creating blogs they will be ready for that.

News website such as www.CNN.com and www.MSNBC.com have the option to blog on their news stories. This is a great tool for the news websites to use because they receive immediate feedback for their readers on stories. This is a main way that blogging has impacted print journalism. Bloggers can immediately respond to print journalism and journalists have automatic reviews of their work. Before blogs there was no other way journalist could get immediate feedback.

Over the next couple of weeks I hope to personally experience all things I have read about blogging.

1 comment:

huntgrl said...

I like the blog about the computer geek I actually went into it to read it and it was pretty interesting. I also never would think that Yosemite would have a blog but I definately want to check it out.